Super excited to say that I have been nominated for a Blog Award by one of my fellow bloggers!
After only starting this blog just a handful of months ago, I have watched it grow, chatted with so many great people and love being able to use my writing to give travel advice and help people living abroad like me – So to receive a nomination from another writer really made my day and I can’t wait to pass this amazing act of kindness on 🙂 What a great way to discover and share new blogs.
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers to recognize them in the blogging community.
The word “liebster” has German origins and apparently has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, beloved, lovely, valued… So I’m guessing in essence, it’s like a chain of awards where we get to spread love and appreciation. You don’t have to participate, but receiving a cute award like this can’t be a bad thing!
A huge thank you to LittleMissExpat for my nomination!
The awesome LittleMissExpat is an expat blogger like me who lives in exciting Dubai! I love seeing her delicious healthy recipes pop up on my screen, hearing about her exciting travels and envying her beautiful long hair(!) Perhaps most importantly though, I appreciate sharing positivity and experiences of living abroad with her as talking to people going through the same thing is really helpful. So thank you!!! Go check her out…
11 Random Questions
As part of the Liebster award, the nominee must answer 11 random questions given by the person that nominated them. Here are my answers to the questions given to me!
- Why did you start blogging?
My life was getting crazier and crazier as each month went by! From backpacking around 10 countries to eventually moving my life to Canada… I thought it would be a crime not to start documenting my memories and helping others to do the same.
- What’s your idea of a ‘perfect day’?
Being in a tropical paradise… (Dreaming of this right now as it is -30 degrees outside my window!) Tasting new food, feeling warm sun on my skin, relaxing underneath swaying palm trees with a book, talking to locals and getting lost on purpose. Cliché but oh so good.
- If you could work with one brand, which one would it be?
STATravel. The UK travel company that inspired me to backpack SE Asia and eventually fall in love with a Canadian! They offer discounts to students and give such great advice. My life would definitely be very different right now without them.
- What’s something interesting that people might not know about you?
When I was 13, my parents told me that we were moving to the south of France. I had no clue how to speak French and it was the most challenging and surreal experience of my life. It was definitely an adventure and it has given me a 2nd language and memories of absolutely stunning places – But I never felt at home there and moved back to the UK to live with my Nan when I was only 17.
- Do you remember who your first follower on either Instagram or blog was?
rapettireview.com – It’s such an exciting feeling when you know somebody enjoyed reading your content and wants to be updated whenever you post again. My very first follower was wonderful Jackie and her gorgeous puppy – Thank you!
- What is your favourite post you’ve ever published?
I really enjoyed writing What Makes a Country ‘Home’? It was amazing to sit down and think about how I feel about England vs. my new home in Canada; What I miss about my home country and how settled I am in expat life… Exploring the emotions tied to moving abroad is important and I found it so therapeutic to write my feelings down and share them with you all.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
That’s a really tough question because everyone always says how extroverted I am(!) I have so much energy, positivity and can be totally crazy in a crowded room… However, I also have a lot of moments when I’m completely introverted and just want to be by myself curled up watching a Disney movie – I guess it’s possible to be both, right?!
- Who’s your role model?
I would probably say J.K Rowling. I grew up reading the Harry Potter books and to this day I cannot believe that one woman created such an intricate and perfectly crafted world. She’s not afraid to speak her mind and she continues to inspire millions of children to read. Not only this, she was basically broke and a single mom when she started writing them… She’s pretty awesome.
- What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
When somebody contacts me and thanks me for my advice. To know that I impacted somebody’s life for the better is incredible!
- What’s your favourite book?
“The Goldfinch” by Donna Tartt. It’s been a long time since I have fallen in love with characters as much as I did reading this book! The story is amazing, following a young boy whose mother dies in a bombing and how his life pans out afterwards. Read it, you won’t be disappointed.
- Are you working on anything special for your blog?
YES. My new website launches VERY soon. I’ve partnered with local schools in my area to help international students and the new site will have expat forums, guides, newsletters and the opportunity to attend local networking events. I am really looking forward to giving back and hopefully helping a lot of people who are making the big move abroad.
Who am I nominating?
- @BoardingCass – (boardingcass.com) – Gorgeous Cassidy was the very first person to comment on my blog and I’ve been following her ever since! Her website is so stylish with beautiful graphics and I absolutely love her landscape photography.
- @NatalieGlaze – (natalieglaze.com) – After studying with her at university, I have been in awe of her Insta growth and how she’s bossed blogger life. Indispensable nutrition and fitness tips (her workout gear and brunch photos are to die for), as well as beautiful photos of her many travel destinations – Her account is a dream!
- @MorganJeaann – (mylittlepipedream.com) – Morgan’s instagram feed is one of my absolute favs. I love her paradise dreamy tones, perfect travel advice and her fashion sense is killer!
- @TheseWildDreams – There’s no blog link on Cat’s Insta but her posts are so full of funny and original content, they are basically a blog themselves! I really admire how she writes her captions with interesting facts and thoughts to encourage discussion and engagement from her followers. She is also super nice and so supportive, regularly commenting on my posts and sharing laughs!
- @Silvana_Maria_Lovetri – (singlemomtravelstyle.com) – Silvana is a fabulous single mom from Montreal, Canada. She is an inspiration when it comes to living life to the fullest and showing your children how incredible this world is. She has been supporting me from the very beginning when I first started posting on Instagram and her 48hr worldwide travel guides are always packed with amazing tips and advice.
- @rapettireview – (rapettireview.com) – My very first follower on my blog she gave me a much needed confidence boost and instant inspiration with her beautiful logo and funny relatable blog posts !
If you get nominated, what do you do?
- You can display this award in the sidebar of your blog and on social media.
- Thank the person that nominated you and link back to their blog/instagram page.
- Respond to the 11 questions you were assigned to in the blog post.
- Nominate around 5-11 blogs that you want to pass the award on to.
- Create your 11 random questions.
- Let your nominees know and provide them with a link to your blog post.
My 11 Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite travel destination and why?
3. If you could have dinner with anybody, alive or dead, who would it be?
4. What is the best advice you could give to new bloggers just starting out?
5. Which 3 items would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
6. What is your favourite blog post that you have written?
7. What do you see yourself doing in 10 years time?
8. What’s your favourite book?
9. Describe your perfect weekend.
10. What’s the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
11. What skill or super power would you love to have?
1, 2, 3…… Go!